Sunday, August 16, 2015

PORTLAND

We came home a day early from the reunion so we could unpack, wash our camping laundry and load the van for Portland for...

THE WEDDING!
The grounds were beautiful as you would expect


Enjoying the beautiful weather and surroundings while waiting for the wedding to start
The groom pacing around. He was so excited but so nervous at the same time
Brothers
Connelly and Cody
Connelly and Savannah
He is her uncle, but they were so close in age they acted and were treated like siblings.
My Honey Bunny
Connelly, Teri, Cody
Connelly and Cherie (mother of the groom)
Savannah, Connelly and Eric



The trees reminded me of the woods in "Twilight". Cody just rolled his eyes at me.

Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Fry

Cody's Siblings
Cassie, Kaylee, Cassie (yes we now have 2 Cassie's), Connelly, Cherie, Sadie and Cody
My "little" bro-in-law
Portland Temple
(that's actually in Lake Oswego)

Sadie, Justin, Eric and Savannah
He was NOT amused by all the pictures, but you wouldn't know it

THE RECEPTION
It was outside of Portland near a town called Hillsboro


The Happy Couple





PORTLAND

We got to Portland and stopped at John Luby park where the heaven's opened and angels were singing for Cody
Cody and I split a "Garbage burrito"
Ba-NA-NA

I've only seen these on TV and was pretty excited to see one in real life, lame I know, but I'm from Idaho so every new thing is exciting.

Blue Star donuts
The sun was not cooperating with us

We got one of these and it was Oh-so-delicious!!
We also went to Trader Joe's which is apparently a grocery store. I had no idea and was so surprised when I walked in and the first thing I saw was flowers and banana's.
Late night stop at Big Ass Sandwiches
Our Big Ass Bacon Cheese Fries

Old Town Portland
Cody saw this on some cooking show he had seen and was super excited to see it in real life and I must agree after standing in line at 11 pm at night for a VooDoo donut, Portland is weird!

Golden Bricks





We stopped here on our way home








 

LeGrande, Oregon
I ordered a "Dirty Pig" and a "Polar Bear"
A Fry eating a Fry, ha ha


My sister, bless her soul, watched all 3 of our kids plus her 3 kids from Sunday night to Wednesday night. Did I mention her husband was out of town? I'm really beginning to question her sanity. She randomly sent me pictures of what they were doing.
Playing Pirates
Going for a walk


*I was following Torrey through Portland and ended up running SIX red lights to keep up with him. The last time my mother-in-law tricked me that there was a cop behind me!
*Monday night the girls went to Target (of course) while the men went to Hooter's (of course)
*We went to IKEA and I was finally able to by the cabinet and shelf unit that I have been wanting for months. Thank goodness my brother-in-law drove his truck because it didn't all fit in my van

No comments: