Monday, August 31, 2015

First Day of School

My handsome boys are growing up way to fast.
Gavin, Age 8, 3rd Grade
Mason, Age 5, Kindergarten
I loved their responses to what they want to be when they grow up. 
I'm going to be the mom of a race car driver and Batman
The boys requested french toast for their back to school breakfast. I'm pretty sure it's what Gavin requested last year and the year before that.
It was chilly this morning so they wore pants and jackets on the first day this year.
Chloe wanted to tag along to all of it in her boots and pajamas. We got to the school 30 minutes early because the boys were so anxious to get there. We took their picture in front of the school and then the boys wanted to go play so I let them. Chloe and I went back to the van to wait for the bell to ring. When it did I went back to find the boys. Gavin was a little stressed out because he couldn't find his teacher. She was right in front of the line that Gavin was by, but didn't recognize her because she had straightened her hair. He was relieved. I gave him a hug and a kiss and left to go find Mason.
I found Mason and he was also worried because he couldn't see Mrs. Ball. They had another teacher taking them to meet with her. I walked with him to Mrs. Ball and then to his classroom.
Mrs. Ball had sign for the kids to get their pictures taken with, so thoughtful!
Mason wanted to sit by Maylee (a little girl in our ward) even though it required him to switch from green (his favorite color) to purple play dough. Chloe was jealous because she didn't get any and then she had to leave with me instead of staying with Mason.
 One last peek before I left. Maylee is the one with the white flower in her hair.
Mason ran to me as fast as I have ever seen him run (with a sucker in his mouth) after school. I was secretly hoping he did and would be happy to see me.
 
 We talked about their first day of school while eating warm pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. The first time I asked Mason how school was he told me he got a sucker and they had two birthday parties. 
Later when I asked him again he told me "GOOD! except we didn't get to stay at recess long and we didn't even get to eat either". He said his favorite part was "all of it". 

Gavin told me, "IT WAS AWE-SOME!!" and that his favorite part was working on his work book and he had teriyaki chicken and rice for lunch. 
Little sister had no problem joining her brother's for our cookie tradition
My 3rd grader
Mr Kindergarten

8-31-2015




No comments: