Sunday, August 16, 2015

Butikofer Family Reunion 2015

We look forward to our reunion every year and once again it did not disappoint. This year we camped at Buttermilk Group campground next to Island Park Reservoir.  We were there from July 15th- July 18th.

This years theme was
Butikofer's at the Carnival

The Friday night party with the costumes is my FAVORITE part so without further ado:
Our costumes:
Gavin and Mason were both Strong Men, I was Cotton Candy, Cody was a Circus Bear and Chloe was an Elephant. I'm not sure where she got the idea, but no matter how much I persuaded her she wouldn't change her mind. I went to every store I could think of that would have elephant masks, ears or anything and came up empty handed so I had to make the entire think from scratch. Other than one of her ears being floppy I think it turned out pretty cute.
Brigham/Captain America, Paul/Bearded Woman, Erin and Laken/Concessionaire, Tayvri/Cutie Pie and Bailee/Princess
My Cute Little Elephant
Braxton/4 ft man eating chicken, Kaitlyn & Faith/Siamese Twins, Taylor/World's Biggest Baby, Kenny, Mandy and Keylee/Trapeze Artists, Trae/Sword Swallowing Man
Cody the Circus Bear
Mom/Fortune Teller and Dad/Lion Tamer with his BIG ferocious lion
Uncle Jeff/VooDoo Witch Doctor
My Strong Men
Jeremy the Bearded Woman
Madisen/Trapeze Artist, Chase/the clown who wouldn't dress up, Chet/Mime, Karen/Fortune Teller, Megan/Clown and Chloe the photobombing elephant
Justin/Lion, Eli/Bear, Nicole and Miranda
Deborah and Keith/more Bearded Women
Tanner, Grant and Denice
Tyler the Three Legged Man
Karen eating...
Brigham
Karen eating...
A really weird and hairy redneck woman
Karen drinking...
Kenny
Every.single.year. Tyler steals my camera and takes Selfies of his Butt. I'm going to publish a book called "Tyler's Butt Selfies"
My immediate family in all of our Circus Glory : )
Erin, Tayvri, Chase, Chase, Karen, Dad, Mom, Cody, Trau Taylor, Kenny, Mandy, Keylee, Teri
Front Row: Brigham, Bailee, Madisen, Megan, Mason, Gavin, Kaityln, Faith, Braxton and Chloe
Uncle Keith's Family
Liz, Brooklyn, Deborah, Keith, Denice, Tanner, Grant, Hartley, Brian, Tracy, Brody, Tyler (and Cole from Jeff's Family)
Front Row: Abby, Bryson, Jessica and Jackson
 
Uncle Eugene's Family
Evelyn, Eugene, Shannon, Aaron, Rebecca and Jason
They found more cotton candy!
Aunt Connie's Family
Matt, April, Bill, Wayne, Connie and Sarah
(Angie, Dan and Lorna were napping in their tent)
Patricia and Nathan
 Brad, Susan and Kelsey
 
Uncle Jeff's Family
Miriam, Adam, Adria, Jeff, Zaden, Lettie, Paige, Garet, Jared, Cole, Robyn (and Shelby)
Wil, Kelly and Daisy
Almost all of the Allen and Lorna Butikofer Clan
The siblings minus Janice
Jolene (mom), Keith, Susan, Eugene, Connie, Kelly, Patricia and Jeff
After we ate the guys rode to Elk Creek dressed like this to go buy bait. They got some pretty funny reactions.

My circus bear and I
Garet the literal Strong Man
Circus Bear
Faith and Kaitlyn aka Faithlyn the Siamese Twin
Eating our carnival dinner. We had chilli dogs, corn dogs, burgers, chips, fruit and drinks.

Thursday afternoon was the carnival. The kids bought tickets and played games to win different colored tickets that they could use to buy toys, candy, popcorn, pop, etc
Chloe and Denice at the bean bag game
Tanner and Mason
Gavin and Tanner playing Plink-O
Mason
Brody took one for the team and used his own body to knock down the targets
Chloe with Uncle Brad at the ring toss
Dad golfing
Uncle Kenny teaching Chloe the ropes for the air soft guns
Bow and arrow time
Chloe and Mason
Safety first! He may be pointing his gun right at me, but at least he has his safety glasses on!
Gavin taking his turn. He did really well.
Nice hair Chloe
Cody teaching Gavin how to shoot a bow and arrow
Dad and Uncle Keith
Gavin golfing
It was cracking me up watching Mason golf.
Handmade, homemade(actually forest made) with love funnel cakes
Nate and Susan were our tattoo artists
Yummy carnival food
The kids "buying" stuff at the store with their tickets
Uncle Brad, Sunny the Dog, Uncle Keith
Robyn with baby in utero, Angie with baby in arms and Nate the BIG baby, ha ha ; )
The kids with their balloon animals
Crazy hair Chloe, Brigham, Bailee and Megan
Chloe of course had to get a Cinderella tattoo
Cody and I got matching tattoos 
(sorry about the glare from his upper arm!)
Mason and Cole
These two in their glasses cracked me up
This was their favorite game
Keylee and Mandy
Gavin
Uncle Kelly and Wil made the delicious funnel cakes
Chloe playing the duck pond game

QUAD RIDING
I couldn't even start the quad without ending up with a load of kids, but I didn't mind ; )
Tayvri, Teri, Chloe, Bailee, Brigham
We found this beach on one of our rides. I pulled over and let the kids wade out into the water because it was pretty shallow. Tayvri ended up in the water before I could get her pants rolled up and she ended up with wet britches. 
Brigham, Tayvri, Bailee, and Chloe
Tayvri, Brigham, Bailee and Chloe
Tayvri, Brigham, Bailee, and Chloe
They heard a boat and all instantly turned around so that was the end of my picture taking.
The girls thought it was so fun and funny to walk through the squishy mud
They were throwing rocks in the water, but Brigham only wanted to throw the big ones in. I was a little worried about his toes with this rock

I hung Tayvri's pants up to dry so she was a diaper baby while we were playing on the beach. She would get so excited to see the boats go by
The kids and I built a heart on the beach and for the rest of the week we had to stop and look at it every time
Me, Gavin and Chloe
Mason kept hijacking Brigham and Bailee's ride
Gavin ready to go for a ride with the big boys
Taylor my nephew ended up wrecking and breaking his collar bone and ended up with a concussion. They had me check him out as soon as they got back. I felt along his collar bone and it just ended...I knew right then it was broke and it was obvious he had a concussion as well so we loaded him up in his dad's truck and they made the trip to Madison Memorial. Taylor refused to go home and insisted on coming back up camping, buy he did pretty well.
Gavin and Mommy
We stopped at the "Heart Beach"
We built a "rainbow rock"
How many toddlers fit on the quad with me? Five!
Just a cool stump

Tayvri, Mason, Bailee, Chloe and Brigham
Brigham, Madisen, Paul, Tayvri, Bailee and Megan

 Cody and I went on a ride together and the odometer rolled over to 1,000 miles. I stopped and showed Cody. I asked him what we were suppose to do to celebrate and neither of us really knew so we just decided to helmet kiss and keep driving
We also took a selfie
Following Cody and Mason through the woods


FROGS AND CRAWDADS
We kept finding lots of frogs and of course I had to take pictures of ALL of them because Gavin wanted to remember them.

Gavin trying to get a crawdad to bite him so he could show the kids it didn't hurt
He succeeded and it bit him only he kind of failed and not making it obvious that it really did hurt
Another frog
 
 This is a big fat one we found the first night
This one is "Toady, like Cody but with a T"

Toady joined us for breakfast
Chloe to the frog: Do you like flowers?
Chloe (pretending the frog is answering): Ribbet, Ribbet, NO!

We let Gavin keep him while we were camping but let him know that the frog would miss his family, miss living in the wild and miss eating bugs. He decided to let him go.
It nearly broke his heart
and then it broke mine watching him cry because he did what was best for the frog. I normally wouldn't take a picture of him crying, but I wanted to remember this sweet moment of one brother comforting the other.
Gavin encouraging Braxton to be brave and pick up a crawdad with his bare hands for the first time
Getting braver and stronger
Chloe couldn't let her brother show her up

MORE FUN:
I taught Gavin how to play one of my favorite games, Wackee Six
Home Sweet Home for 5 days : )
This was our first trip in our New-to-us-camper. It is so nice having running water without having to climb under the bed and flip the switch, having an awning, a/c, and a floor I'm not afraid to walk on! Our old camper had the original carpet from 1969 and no matter how much I cleaned it I didn't dare walk on it barefoot, it creeped me out. We also have soo much more room and the kids their own bunkbeds and not just my table I converted into a bed. I am literally ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!
Chloe and Tayvri "doing projects"
We ran to the store to get dry ice for my brother and a bunch of cars were pulled over on the side of the road, so of course I made Cody do the same thing. It was a mama moose and her baby! Don't worry, I didn't get that close...
I made sure this older and slower looking guy was between us so he would get trampled first!
Family Auction

My Uncle Brad made some amazing things out of wood from the homestead. This frame was made out of wood my grandparents brought home from the Redwood Forest
Masonater
Uncle Keith momentarily experienced a boob job gone wrong! Ha! Ha!
So cool he has to wear 2 pair of shades
Helping the trees grow
I had a branch scrape my finger while I was riding the quad and Chloe kept kissing it over and over every time she would see it to make it better
Uncle Paul making bows and arrows for the kids
Cousin Pow wow
Tayvri, Megan, Brigham, Bailee and Mason
Playing BINGO : )
Erin and Laken
Uncle Kelly and Mason
I love that my kids are so close to my aunts and uncles
Dirt: A kids best friend
This girl was so tired she ended up taking a nap
Morning eyes with her little bare legs hanging out, too cute!
Chloe with her goodies from the "store"
Traditional Last Day of Camping Picture
Take Two

It rained for about an hour the first day we got up there and I was a little obsessed with the water dripping off the needles. Enjoy my amateur iPhone pics



Gavin asked me to buy him a Popular Science magazine at the grocery store right before we left. I'm so glad I did because he read devoured the entire thing and taught us all about it on the way to Island Park. He is such a smarty pants and loves to learn about all kinds of things.




*Gavin fell out of the top bunk the first night because he was sleeping with his head at the wrong end
*Mom and Aunt Paige had Aunt Susan tattoo their breasts!! What wild women ; )
*Chet got his razor stuck, then got his truck stuck trying to get the razor out. Jeremy saved the night and pulled them out
*Mason to Kaitlyn (his cousin who is 8 years older than him): "I can't even remember when I fell in love with you." He REALLY wants to marry her. 


July15-July 19

1 comment:

The Cawley's said...

Dude- seriously THREE pictures of me eating- YOU ARE A NERD! Otherwise your pictures are pretty fun! I had to click on the sidebar to make this post show up though- super weird!