Sunday, August 16, 2015

Hunkleberry's

Huckleberry's (or Hunkleberry's as my kids are calling them this year) came on about 2 weeks early because of the wet spring we had. We were out of town when they were ready so we only caught the tail end of the season.
Mason and Chloe kept asking me "Are these right?" instead of "ripe". Every single time I would tell them to pick the dark ones, but they continued to ask so then I just started giving them random funny answers.
Gavin found "a HUGE one" and was excited to show me
All cute with a flower in her hair. By the time we left her dress was covered in sticky little poke grass. It took all of us working at the same time a few minutes to get them all off.
Cody picked me some Indian Paint brush
I spy...
We passed some friends on our way up there. They had just been to a place I had recommended and totally got skunked. Sam was pretty disappointed so we loaded him up in our van and brought him with us. We went to a different spot and got lucky. He was so excited.
We can only pick so long before the little ones lose interest, but we did pretty good for the short amount of time we were there.
Sam had never been to or even heard of the cave in Kelly's so we took a little detour and let him see it first hand. 
The kids couldn't get down without my help and I was a little tempted to let the cave be a free babysitter and go take a peaceful uninterrupted nap under a tree, but I decided against it.
We had to cross a couple of creeks to get to and from the cave. Chloe was pretty timid getting across them. 
On the other hand, Mason almost didn't skip a beat when he got to them. It's so funny to watch the difference between the boys and Chloe.
Chloe s.l.o.w.l.y. crossing the second one.
7.24.15

No comments: