Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ninja Pilot

Gavin LOVES airplanes and more often than not he tells people he wants to be a Ninja Pilot when he grows up. (He can't decide between being a ninja and a pilot so he decided to be both)
My Ninja Pilot
He was on my Instagram account "liking" things while we were waiting

Adjusting daddy's headset for him. Gavin let us tag along with him.
 I sat shotgun this time so Cody could sit by Gavin. Last time Gavin went he was only 2 1/2 so he doesn't really remember much of it.
Every time I looked back and he saw me I got a thumbs up

Airplane Selfie!!
It was so fun flying with him this time and listening to him. He was saying:
This is awesome!
Look at those big mountains
This is a great view
This is so fun
Look at that valley
The cows look like ants and the cars look like lady bugs
Thank you Bruce (the pilot)
Gavin and Bruce

We started in Rigby, flew over Rigby Lake and my parents house and then continued up the river along the mountains. We flew over the farm where I grew up, over Kelly Canyon Ski Resort (that my grandpa helped start up), along the mountains to Swan Valley, over Palisades Dam and the reservoir and then looped back around over the hills and flew over Ririe Reservoir and Dam, and then over my sister's house before landing. It was a little over an hour but it didn't seem that long. We were so mesmerized by the gorgeous fall colors, the beautiful view, but mostly the amazement of Gavin.
I love this picture of Rigby Lake. The water was so calm that the clouds were reflecting on it so it looked like the sky
 Here's a close up
Along the Snake River
Kelly Canyon Ski Resort

Not a very good view and I didn't get a picture when we were closer, but those are the Grand Tetons in the center of the picture

Palisades Dam and Reservoir

More beautiful Idaho
Gavin got to help put the plane back in the hanger when we were done and he thought that was pretty cool too.
What better way to end an amazing evening than with a beautiful sunset!!


October 16, 2014

This was the Thank You note that Gavin wrote to Bruce all my himself. I thought it was extra cute that he crossed out "me" and wrote "us" to include Cody and I : )


1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow, that's awesome! What an adventure! I remember that farm you grew up on. Loved visiting and running all around and playing. I remember the weeping willow in your grandparent's yard. That tree fascinated me. :) Was it your Grandpa Blakely that helped start Kelly Canyon?