Saturday, October 18, 2014

Life of Fry

Gavin checked out The Wizard of Oz from his school library on Monday and had it finished the following Sunday, all 307 pages, and they aren't short pages either.(see below)

This is what I found the kids doing when I checked on them when they were playing in the backyard.
Mason just being cute
Mason and his preschool class went on a "Halloween Walk"

Yummy cookies afterwards
Proof that my super cute nephew Chase loves me
Being bored in the car causes this silly thing to do strange things
I started the tradition of "Fat FRYdays" about 10 years ago when I worked at the Idaho Eye Center and I recently started making sure that it was happening every Friday. We usually go to Carsten's Bakery and get donuts and chocolate milk and then head to a park to eat them. We even wait for daddy to join us occasionally.

Conference Weekend:
Playing Conference BINGO

Gavin's solution to a constant runny nose
We were all feeling under the weather most of the weekend, but finally started feeling better Sunday afternoon so this is what most of the weekend looked like

We woke up one morning and had a toilet full of flowers under our pine tree
A few days later we had two!
Luckily since then they haven't multiplied. We are pretty sure we know who did it so we graciously returned them to their rightful owners tonight.
My mom found Gavin some used riding boots online and when we went to pick them up guess who sold them to us?!?!  Jessika Jenson, the U.S. Olympic Snowboarder!! I wish I would've known so I could have had my head on straight and not been so star struck. It would have been fun to talk to her about the Olympics and Russia, etc. 
Maybe next time I by something online I'll be sure and ask, "are you famous in anyway?" before I get there. Not really.
The next morning I found him watching a movie with his boots on and his helmet next to him. He shows them to everyone who will look, he is so excited to have his own pair. He also makes sure to tell everyone that he got them from an Olympian.
Playing with her Princess's before church. I love having a daughter!
I was in the laundry room switching laundry and turned around to see this
We took the Sister missionaries dinner at the visitors center. They showed the kids around, talked to them a bit and then gave them pass along cards with a picture of the temple
My kiddos and niece. They are all holding up their new "temple cards"
Gavin made me a "pumpkin clown cookie". It was soo sweet. It was literally like eating straight sugar. I ate what I could while he was right there but that's all I could do. It was just too much and my risk of a sugar coma was just too high!
We were at the park and Mason came running up to me with an object in his hand saying, "MOM, I POOPED!!" I.about.died!! Then he got close to me and I realized it was just some grass clippings from the bottom of a lawn mower that had fallen off in the shape of a piece of poop! Whew!

<> The Croft's invited us over for Oktoberfest dinner that was super yummy : )

<> Cody cooked up some dove meat from one of his hunts, not our favorite. 

<> Chloe loves to help mommy load and unload the dishwasher. I gave her the rack of silverware to unload while I re-loaded the dishwasher. She was right behind me and I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. I turned around and she had sorted all of the CLEAN silverware on the DIRTY floor into piles; spoons, forks, knives, etc.  What's a mom to do, but laugh right?

<> Gavin was ready for school so I was getting Mason and Chloe in shoes and jackets so I could drive him to school when he told me that he DIDN'T NEED ME to take him to school, he wanted to ride his bike....what?!?!? He's 7 1/2!! He's not suppose to say that he doesn't need me yet!! I have to admit I was a little heartbroken as I made sure his helmet was on right and sent him on his way with him saying, "I know mom" and I reminded him to look both ways for cars before crossing the street, don't talk to strangers on the way, don't forget to lock your bike up, etc. He is growing up way to fast. 

<> Cody wore a suit to work for the first time ever in his life AND had to change into his temple clothes. The company he works for is more than likely going to be doing the heating, etc. for the Idaho Falls Temple renovation and since he is the only worker that is temple endowed he gets to be the big man in charge and run the show. He's pretty excited about it and I'm pretty excited about all the changes they are going to be doing. I can't wait to see it when it's done which is going to be awhile. They are starting March 2015 and won't be done until Summer 2016 so the temple will be closed for 16 months. It's pretty much going to be all new on the inside.


2 comments:

Angela said...

Holy cow, I didn't know they were doing that with the temple! Wow! Guess we'll be going to Rexburg for a while...

Angela said...

Holy cow, I didn't know they were doing that with the temple! Wow! Guess we'll be going to Rexburg for a while...