Sunday, August 25, 2013

Life of Fry...

 For our Relief Society Activity we had a progressive garden party. We ate yummy fruit and veggie trays, stuffed mushrooms, bacon wrapped pretzels, little smokies and ended the night with lemon meringue pie and cheesecake all while looking at beautiful yards and gardens of other ward members all kid free. It was a nice relaxing evening.  Jessica hauled us all in the back of her truck from house to house. It was fun and it made me feel like a kid again.
 I heard Chloe up one night I was listening to the pitter patter of her little feet throughout the house. After a few minutes I couldn't hear her anymore so I went to check on her and I found her in bed with Mason. Lately she has been thinking there are cows in her room that are going to eat her. I think we finally have her convinced that cows are nice, but i guess she still didn't want to sleep alone.
 I'm writing a book and I'm going to call it, "Naughty things my kids do while I am in the shower. " I think I have about 1000 pages so far. This particular morning they got our left over milkshakes out of the freezer and were eating them for breakfast on the trampoline.
 I made zucchini bread for the first time ever in my life. I found my mom's recipe AFTER I had made this batch.  It tasted pretty good but wasn't as moist as I had hoped. I even cooked it for 10 minutes less that it said too. Better luck next time right? My kids are loving zucchini bread right now so I'm sure I'm going to have the recipe perfected before too long with all the practice I will be getting.
I pulled Chloe's covers down to put her in bed for a nap and I found Batman and her mermaid under the covers together. 
 I saw a thing on Pinterest ( I know the "P" word again) where a couple would have a monthly date with each of their kids on the day of their birth. (Gavin was born March 22, so the 22nd of every month is his date night). We started it this month and the kids love it! Chloe was first and the boys have anxiously been waiting for their turn. Cody took Chloe this month and I took the boys, but that will change every month. 
Cody took Chloe to Artic Circle for an icecream cone. She crawled up on his lap to eat it even though there was the entire rest of the bench. Cody loved it. He was so excited to tell me about it. They played on the toys afterwards. 
Mason and I went to the movie Epic but once the popcorn and rootbeer ran out he pretty much lost interest so it was a struggle to keep him interested the last 20 minutes of the movie.
Gavin and I went school shopping. We went to Famous Footwear and I let him pick out his own shoes (sketchers again) and then to Target for a backpack.  We ended up at the Disney Infinity booth where he had to put every character on the pad to see what each one would do. It was his night so I impatiently waited and tried to act interested and then we finished at Chick-fil-A. He wanted to go there of all places for an icecream cone. 
Next month all the kids birthdays fall on Sunday so it's going to be story time, games, walks, etc one on one with the kids. They are already coming up with ideas.
 He thought it was pretty cool that he could make his tongue white.
 Gavin found the window marker in my van and left me a note.
"I Love you Mom!"
 This was the first window he did, but he messed up on it so he went to the next one. How can you be mad about that? So sweet.

 We went to Mack's Inn in Island Park with friends to see The Andrews Brothers at the Pinecone Playhouse. Jessica and Liz ended up staying home because of sitter issues and sick kids so I ended up in the van with 3 men. Luckily once we got up there the other women were there so I wasn't so outnumbered and the conversation wasn't so manly.
 Oliver, Cody and Blake
 Teri, Blake and Cody

After the playhouse we went to a cabin and roasted marshmallows over the fire pit before we migrated into the cabin and talked/told stories before we all couldn't keep our eyes open. The next morning I was able to wake up on my own, not to kids or an alarm clock, and it was wonderful! We made a super yummy breakfast and then headed home to pick up the kids. (My pregnant sister had her 2 girls and my 3 kids! She is AWESOME!!)

 Gavin going "super fast" on his bike
 Gavin photo bombed this when I was trying to get a picture of Mason
 Mason saw Gavin stick his tongue out so of course he copied him. He copies everything Gavin does which isn't always a good thing.
Bunny ears and a tongue sticking out. I think days of getting a "normal" picture are over
 We got Spotty out for some fresh grass and yes Chloe is pant-less. She is potty training and won't keep her pull ups on and as long as we are home in the backyard I don't really care
 Coco really wanted to play with Spotty


No comments: