Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

 Yes, this happened and it wasn't even my 2 or 3 year old that did it, it was my 6 year old.
 He picked up all the hair and put it in a box and put the scissors away. 

Here's the conversation (after I semi-calmed down, MY BABY GIRLS LONG HAIR WAS JUST HACKED!!)
Me: Gavin why did you cut Chloe's hair?
Gavin: It was looking to long
Me: What do you think your punishment should be?
Gavin: That wasn't anything bad was it?
Me: Yes it was
Gavin: How is it a bad thing? Her hair was just getting so long so I cut it for you. 
Me: You are not allowed to cut anyone's hair
Gavin: You never told me I couldn't 

 Was he legitimately trying to help or is he just so smart that he knows how to not get into trouble?  I don't know. I didn't end up punishing him, but we did have a talk about no scissors without adults and then I continued with a long list of other things that I should probably tell him so he can't said I never told him it was wrong. I hope I did the right thing or maybe I'm just a sucker. He really does try to do extra things all the time to be nice. Being a parent stinks sometimes!

 I sent my awesome friend Liz a picture of Chloe's new haircut by Gavin with the caption, "HELP!!!" She came to the rescue and fixed Chloe's hair. It was was to short to do an A-Line like we wanted, but it still turned out pretty cute, just short : (
 Distracting her with a duck
The cape didn't last long and neither did the duck.
She ended up playing games on my phone
 Checking out her hair in the mirrow
 All Done

Thank you Liz for saving the day!!!

8/29/13

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Ahhh! Those first pictures made me cringe. Luckily, Chloe looks pretty dang cute with short hair. :)