Monday, May 20, 2013

Behind the Scenes

 In Idaho shorts with a coat is acceptable biking attire
 Chloe snuggling with her "baby"
I read A LOT of books every day. These are the ones that I am reading the most right now. 

Now for a Behind the Scenes Update:

Cody has been home a full month now and it has been a harder adjustment that I expected. Don't get me wrong I LOVE having him home, but it's still hard. When it was just me with three kids I had a routine mostly out of necessity for my sanity! Cody is not a routine person. Also I made rules and Cody is not so good at enforcing them because he feels like he wasn't apart of making them even though we talked about it, so we are working on that. We have also realized how different our parenting styles can be. When is was just Gavin it wasn't as noticeable and he left shortly after we got Mason and Chloe so we really haven't been parents together with three kids, but we are figuring it all out.

I was released from the Relief Society Presidency as the second counselor and got two callings to replace it. Liz and I were put in charge of the food for the Relief Society Activities that are once a month and my second calling is.....wait for it......SCOUTS!!! I always told Cody if I ever got called to scouts we were moving! I know very little about scouts and when they asked me (I could have said no) to be the Wolf Den Leader I just gave him a blank stare and Cody nudged me and said, "that's scouts honey". Oh my!! I don't know what I have gotten myself into being in charge of 8-10 eight year olds, but I guess time will tell!

I am officially on the PTO Board...why do I not say no to people? It will be good to be more involved with the school

I also joined a book club which I have never done in my life but am excited to be in. I've always secretly wanted to be in one so when I was asked I said "yes"!

Gavin graduates from Kindergarten...tomorrow!! Where did that year go? He still has to go to school until Friday, so does that mean he's in first grade? haha Couldn't resist

He also starts T-Ball next Wednesday and is on a team with his cousins and kids from the neighborhood. My niece Savannah is his coach this year. 

I have my first coed Softball game on Wednesday. Now that Cody is home I can do more because I don't have to hire a babysitter every single time I want to do something. It's mostly family so I will be playing with mostly cousins which is a bonus, family time and softball. : )

Gavin has lost 3 teeth in the past couple of months and has ANOTHER loose one! 

Mason FINALLY pooped in the toilet today! He has been potty trained for months but still crapping his pants. I hope this wasn't a fluke and he really has the concept now. He all the sudden seems so grown up! Time is flying by.

Chloe is getting an attitude! I don't know how else to say it. If she doesn't like something she lets you know it, but she is so stinking cute and sweet the rest of the time you can't help but love her.

Pet Count: 5
1 dog: Chocolate Lab named Cocoa
1 tarantula: Fireball
2 bunnies: Fluffy Joe Fry and Spotty Keith Fry
(still separated so we don't end up with a bunny farm)
1 fish: a beta that Chloe named "Food"

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I think it's really good for kids to experience a little of the dad parenting style... as long as you two are mostly consistent, of course. Good luck! You are both awesome people and you'll raise some awesome people.

Jed has the same problem! I hope he poops in the toilet sooooon.

And you have a petting zoo. I like the fish's name. Haha