Thursday, February 19, 2009

Melva Jean turns 50!!!

For those of you who don't know my mom turned 50! Her real name is Jolene, but years ago I nicknamed her Melva Jean (not really sure why, it just sounded good at the time) and it stuck.

Melva with her new walker and her extra big glasses to help her see better.
It was a surprise party and we were actually able to pull it off. My dad took her to dinner to get her out of the house and then we came in, decorated, got everyone in the house and then my dad brought her home and made her close her eyes and she had no idea we were all there until she opened her eyes and we all said, "SURPRISE!!" It was so much fun! A bunch of us tried to wear as much black as we could.

Paul and Erin keeping watch for Mom & Dad

Mom blowing out her candles
Add Image
I made my mom a "special bra" for her drooping boobies. Kenny (my bro.) tried it on for size.

Her favorite cake, German Chocolate with gross frosting!

The centerpiece:
Prunes, hemorrhoid cream, denture kit and cream, muscle rub and a pill box

Cody bought mom Depends

Dad trying to look like mom in an old lady wig

Faith in grandma's glasses

Gavin & Taylor

Grandpa & Grandma Butikofer and Glenna Danielson

Maria, Kenny, Uncle Wayne

Joy and Tammie

Matt, Karen & Faith

Uncle Ronnie Ray Rowan from Ririe, Aunt Colleen & Gavin

Sarah, April & Aunt Connie

Tammie & Mom

Chip and Mary
(Their name tags said "Old Farts Friend. My name is...")

1 comment:

oldangelgirl said...

That is so great!! I wish I could have been there. Kenny in the bra was... well, there are not words! Ha!