Saturday, September 1, 2012

One last trip to the Zoo

Kayla, Chelsea and I (and our kids) went to the zoo one last time for the season. We spent a lot of time by the penguins, pelicans and tortoises this trip. They were up and moving around which rarely happens so it was fun for the kids.
Jackson, Taylor, Thatcher, Kindy, Ben, Gavin, Madisen, Alexa, Isabelle, Mason & Chloe
Yep! That's a daddy long leg he's holding! I love this picture, it totally makes my laugh! This is Gavin's buddy Thatcher and like any other 5 year old loves bugs and spiders!

Gavin asked me the other day what a mommy long leg looked like, I love that kid!
 Madi and the yak
He was in a BAD mood. He kept ramming the fence. Madisen didn't care at all, but it was freaking Kayla and I out so we made her move. I didn't want it to break through and get her.
 We got to the zoo at 10am when they were feeding the penguins and the kids watched for quite awhile, then they got bored with it and we went to go see the pelicans. The zoo people (for lack of a better word that should  go here but I can't think of it right now) brought out the left over fish from the penguins and were feeding the pelicans and even I was mesmerized! I forgot how big their bottom beaks stretch out and how awesome it is to see the fish through their stretchy bills. Pretty awesome.
Gavin wanted pictures of the pelicans so I handed him my camera. Theses are 2 of his almost 20 pictures he took of them. Poor kid is just like his mom when it comes to the camera!

No comments: