Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten



First Day of Kindergarten Interview


 Gavin was awake and reading his "Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come!" book on the couch when I got up.
 We rarely eat cold cereal, but I found this on clearance the other day and thought it would be fun for Gavin since he loves Spiderman. He liked the box, but hated the cereal (no wonder it was on clearance).
 I traded him for my Honey Bunches of Oats and he downed it. I on the other hand tried to eat his bowl of cereal and couldn't, it was way to sugary. I should be grateful that he likes the healthier stuff too.
 Can't believe he is old enough for Kindergarten!
 He LOVES his new shoes. He picked them out all by himself and said that they make him run so fast that he is "a blur"! He wanted to wear his Skylander shirt, but it was MIA! Seriously we looked everywhere! We think it may have gotten left at a friends house. He settled for Sonic the Hedgehog instead.
 He didn't want to hold his sign so he tucked it in his backpack straps
 Standing in line with his buddy Jack from T-Ball. Mason wanted to go to school too, sorry buddy you have 3 more years!
Gavin at his desk with his buddy Jack
Gavin didn't want me to go in his classroom with him. : (  He told me that he didn't need me anymore, talk about a dagger to my Mama Heart!! I let him go in and get sat down and then I went in got a picture and left. I don't think he was very happy that mommy was in there with him, but I needed to be just to make sure my baby was good....OK not really, I knew he was fine, it was just to make me feel better!

P.S. I didn't CRY!! I did tear up a little (when he said he didn't want me to go in with him), but no crying, not even when I got home. He was excited so I'm excited for him.

After Kindergarten we met him at the school and he came running to me and gave me a BIG hug (which removed the dagger from my heart).  He said "it was a good day". When I asked him what he did today he told me he couldn't remember, silly guy. We headed home, but he was pretty upset because I didn't bring the van. He said it was too far to walk, that it made his legs hurt. He kept stopping where the grass was shaded and "resting his legs". (He's never been lazy, ever! Must have just been the big day at school). It was taking us forever to get home stopping every few minutes, but luckily Chelsea saved the day and picked us up to go to Artic Circle to celebrate the first day! Yeah for Chelsea ; )

1 comment:

The Chase's said...

yep, that's me. I'm the hero with the red van!! ;)