Friday, March 9, 2012

Where do you work again?

Where do I work? That's a great question, especially this week because I worked in three different facilities! Let me explain. I worked in surgery at the Idaho Eye Center from 2003-2009 until I graduated from RN school. From there I went to Madison Memorial Surgery Center where I worked part-time until last fall. I also have been working with Dr. Quinton ,a podiatrist, two Fridays a month for 2 years now.
 I still "work" at Dr. Quinton's twice a month and occasionally (1-2 times a month) fill in at MMSC when they need me, but the Idaho Eye Center called me out of the blue last month and asked me if I could cover Tuesdays while another employee was out for surgery. Sure not a problem, except I haven't scrubbed for them in almost 3 years!! (I'm in surgery with the Dr. and am responsible for handing him the correct instrument, the correct way, when he needs it and also anticipate what he needs next, etc. etc.). The first case was just like riding a bike...blind folded, but by the second case it was smooth sailing and honestly really just like riding a bike. I was surprised at how easily it all came back to me. The best part of the whole thing was I got to work with my sister when I covered at the eye center. How many people get to work with their sister? Not many, I'm a lucky girl!
My baby sis!
Working hard at IEC

This week has been soooo crazy and I'm so glad it's over, almost!! Here's the run down of why I am so run down:
Sunday: Up at 7am, church (I had to teach in Relief Society, so glad it's over!), went on visits, home around 3:30, went to in-laws, home at 8:30.
Monday:  Up at 6am. I watched my sister's 2 girls from 6am-4pm (so I had 5 kids ages 4 and under for 10 hours) then I went to Wal-mart to by stuff for my brother (long story, not going there) and then delivered it to him. Got home around 9pm, bed at 10:15.
Tuesday: Up at 4 am. Worked from 6am to 4pm, tried to clean my house and catch up on laundry, bathed the kids, put them to bed, did more laundry and went to bed around 10.
Wednesday:  Up at 6:30 am.Worked at MMSC until 2ish, picked up the kids, picked up the supplies for enrichment and headed to the church and was there from 4:30-9pm. Unloaded the van and the kids, put them all to bed and went to bed at 10.
Thursday: Got to sleep in until 7:30, woo hoo! Took Gavin to preschool, fed and dressed the little ones, picked Gavin up from preschool, fed them lunch, went to Blast Off to let the kids play for Mason's birthday, put them down for a nap, called my Dr. Quinton patients to review their histories and give them instructions for their surgery, made a cake, loaded the kids up and took them to my mom's to have a little birthday party for Mason. Got the kids home and all in bed by 9 and I went with them.
Friday: Up at 5:15am, got kids ready, dropped them off and at work by 7am. Off work, went grocery shopping without kids (heavenly), picked them up, checked on some ladies in the ward, unloaded groceries, snack time, nap time. Worked on the Infection Control in-service for work in 2 weeks, checked my email (holy crap!!) and now FINALLY updating my blog!!!
I'm hoping to get the mountain of laundry on my couch folded and put away tonight, but I might just sit back, put my feet up and RELAX!! (with 3 kids, yeah right!!)
P.S. Did I mention Cody is gone this week so I'm also a widow for the week.

This is my agenda for next week:
Monday:
Tuesday:  Gavin preschool
Wednesday:
Thursday: Gavin preschool
Friday:


Ahhhh! I hope it stays that way, I have a lot to catch up on and I need some quality snuggle and play time with my kids!!!

1 comment:

Hayden Funny Farm said...

You are wonder women TERI!!! I hope you get a breather this coming week.