Thursday, January 26, 2012

Naptime

We have lived in our house for going on 5 years and it's been a busy 5 years with work, school, church callings and of course Gavin. In the meantime my organizing and keeping up with the house flew out the window. Currently I'm only working a couple of days a month and no longer going to school, but I have two busy toddlers to fill up the time! Lucky for me they take naps and I have been taking advantage of the time and ORGANIZING!!! I'm sure Cody is glad he's not here right now because I can get a little intense.

(Back Story: When we were first married all of my clothes and shoes in my closet were color coded and could only be on matching plastic hangers. My movies and cd's were color coded as well. I could literally go on and on, but I don't want you to know how crazy I was/still am. It drove and still drives Cody crazy although time has calmed me down a bit.)

This is the closet in the toy room. It hold my craft stuff, Halloween costumes, extra quilts, etc
 Before
 After

I even added some extra things that were in the way in another closet. Yeah for me! Also, check out the quilts. Before I had 4 garbage bags full of them and the closet doors wouldn't shut right, but I went and invested in some of those "space bags" and they are the coolest thing ever!! Gavin and I had so much fun "shrinking" the blankets with the vacuum. We even let the air back in one of them and tried it again and again!
This is holding a Queen size down comforter, queen size quilt and a smaller quilt. Gotta love space bags!
 
This is my poor excuse for a linen closet in my hall
BEFORE
 All the old expired crap that I threw away
AFTER

I did another closet too, but forgot to take pictures. I'll keep ya posted on how it's all going. If you need inspiration on cleaning/organizing just watch an episode of Hoarders, it will get you going every time!!

No comments: