Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Bowl of Cheerios


 

10 Years Ago (February 15, 2002) I had a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast. I bet your wondering how I can even remember that especially since I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. Let me explain. 

I was living and working in Pocatello. I worked at Convergys from 6-11pm everyday so that I could go to school during the day. The day before (Valentine's Day) I had worked. Erin, a co-worker and I decided that after work we would go get ice cream together since she didn't have a date and my man was in Rigby. When we were done Erin dropped me off at my car and there was a note from Cody saying that he had waited until 1 am for me, but finally decided to go back home. He had driven to Poky to surprise me, oops!

The next morning he called me and asked me to come have breakfast with him. I was a little hesitant since it was an hour away, but I decided since he drove an hour for me the night before I would return the favor. I drove to Rigby and have to admit was pretty disappointed when I got to his house and found two bowls of Cheerios on the table. My first thought was "I drove an hour for a bowl of Cheerios?". 

We sat down to eat and I asked for some sugar to put on them and Cody was so hesitant to give me any. (Really your feeding me bland Cheerios and I can't even have a little sugar on the bland things?) Then he watching in dismay as I put sugar on them and proceeded to watch every bite I ate. I finally told him to stopped staring at me while I ate and he did, kind of. I kept catching him looking at me out of the corner of my eye. 

Then it all made sense. I scooped some Cheerios at the bottom and guess what was on my spoon,
 A RING!!!! 
Cody took it off my spoon, got on one knee and asked me to 
MARRY HIM! 
It was still dripping with milk as he put it on my finger!! He confessed that he was worried what the sugar would do to my ring and then told me we needed to hurry because he bought a house and he needed to go sign papers on it in an hour!!

What a day that turned out to be, a new ring and a new house, but I am soooo glad that he did not propose on Valentine's Day because I'm pretty sure I would have told him "No, ask again tomorrow"!

I still can't look at a box of Cheerios without it putting a smile on my face = )

1 comment:

Jessie said...

That is the coolest story!!! :)