Saturday, April 9, 2011

Gavin's New Best Friend


Gavin has been wanting a pet (mostly a BLACK dog) for quite awhile now. Cody took him to the pet store to pick out a black fish and he had absolutely no interest at all he wanted to look at the BLACK puppies. They looked at them and then came home.

I came home from mutual Tuesday night and the boys (Cody and Gavin) weren't home so I called to see where they were. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something in the sliding glass doors while I was on the phone with Cody.
Teri: Umm, there's a big black dog in our back yard
Cody: (chuckles) Did he come with a dog house?
Teri: (looking into the back yard) ....yes!?!?
Cody: Keep a smile on your face I'll be home in a minute

P.S. He's a GREAT dog and Gavin loves him, he spends almost all day outside with him. He plays fetch, sits, begs, lays down, doesn't jump on anyone and I haven't heard him bark and it's almost been a week. He will also stay in the back of the truck until you put the tailgate down, so I can't complain, but wait until Cody sees what I bring home without asking!!!!! (insert evil laugh)

2 comments:

oldangelgirl said...

Lol! It sounds like it's not a puppy, then. Was it a rescue?

FiveFrys said...

Angie, Cody answered an ad on Craigslist. The family is in the military and getting transferred and couldn't take the dog with him, lucky for us because he is an AWESOME and well-behaved dog :)