Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mystery Monday

I have become very bored with my menus and having the same things over and over again so I have begun what I am referring to as "Mystery Mondays." Every Monday I make a dinner with a recipe that I have never used before therefore making dinner a Mystery, will it be good or will we be ordering pizza later? I have gotten a few recipes from my small collection of recipe books as well as some from friends, family, and magazines. So far we have not had to order pizza...yet (cross your fingers). I have decided to start sharing the yummy recipes with you all so that if you are stuck in a rut like I was you can enjoy something new. ( I failed to take pictures of the end product, but will try to remember to do it next time.)

Liz's Altered Hicken Chicken

8 slices thin deli ham
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 slices provolone cheese
3 cans cream of chicken
3/4 cup water
2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
1/3 cup melted butter

Arrange chicken breasts in a 9X13 baking dish. Place one piece of ham followed by one slice of ham on each piece of chicken.
Combine soup and water and spoon over the chicken.
Coarsely crush stuffing mix and sprinkle over chicken and drizzle butter on top
Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 50-55 min.
Serve over rice


Lorna Doone Banana Dessert

Place Lorna Doone's (shortbread cookies) in the bottom of a 9x13 in pan
Slice 6-8 banana's and cover cookies

#1- Mix together sweetened condensed milk with 8 oz cream cheese

#2-Fold together instant French Vanilla, already made, (plain vanilla will work if you can't find french) with 12 oz Cool Whip

Mix together #1 and #2 and spread over the bananas and cookies. Put in fridge to chill.

2 comments:

Sally said...

You totally have to use my recipe blog to help you out! On my blog, on the right hand side, scroll down to the recipe blogs list. It's the one called Sally's Smorsels.

FiveFrys said...

Sally, Thanks for reminding me! I checked it out a few times before I started Mystery Mondays. I'm following your "Sally's Smorsels" blog now so I can see all the new yummy stuff! Thanks again!