Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mystery Monday #2

This is NOT what I cooked or at least not what we ate anyway! This was my toaster cord after I got done cooking dinner! I pushed the toaster over a little to far which pushed the cord onto one of my burners and Viola! cooked toaster cord. Can I say that my toaster is officially toast?

Also, my friend Liz and I are alternating Mystery Mondays so we only have to cook and come up with something every other Monday, so I won't be posting these every Monday.

Now for the recipes!

Chicken Enchilada Pasta (by Marilyn Anderson)

2 cans chicken
2 TBS olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
4 oz. can diced green chilies
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 (10 oz) cans mild green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cup mild red enchilada sauce
1 can sliced olives
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
16 oz penne pasta

Cook pasta until tender. While pasta is cooking heat oil in a large skillet and add onion. Cook until translucent then add garlic and red pepper and cook 2 minutes until pepper is barely tender. Add chicken, green chilies, spices, enchilada sauces and olives. Let simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the sour cream and cheese and heat through until cheese melts. DO NOT BOIL. Pour sauce over the hot pasta and serve. The leftovers heat up nicely, that is if you even have any!

Death by Chocolate Cake (by Valene Erickson)

Mix: 4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Add: 1 box instant chocolate pudding
1 box chocolate cake mix
Beat until smooth
Stir: 1 pkg (12oz) Nestle Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Pour mixture into buttered 13x9 pan. Bake at 35O degrees for 1 hour. Let cool and sift powdered sugar on top or frost with chocolate frosting

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I like the idea of a mystery Monday! :) Those recipes sound great.