Monday, May 23, 2016

Mason's 6th Birthday

Mason's Birthday was A LOT of drama this year!! First of all finding his gifts ended up being a circus and then after all of that I ended up cancelling his birthday. Yes, I cancelled my son's birthday. This is why...
It started off pretty good,  I woke him up by singing Happy Birthday to him and he had the biggest grin on his face. He wanted Froot Loops for his birthday and I let him. We got him off to school and Chloe and I made his birthday cake.
I was on my way to drop Chloe and my niece Megan off at preschool when I got a call from the school. The Principal Mr. Cziep needed to meet with me ASAP because Mason and two other little boys had been throwing rocks at cars through the schoolyard chain link fence. I could not believe it!! I called Cody and he calmed me down (thank goodness) before I got to the school.
When I got there Mason was smiling and laughing because he thought it was funny I guess. I told him it wasn't funny and he started crying. I was pretty upset and mad that he was taking it so lightly and told him I was cancelling his birthday. Mr Cziep talked to him about it (while the other 3 kept peeking in laughing and giggling while it was all going on). He ended up sending him home for the rest of the day. Mason was Mr Cziep's first kindergartner suspension, what an accomplishment.

We were going to go out for pepperoni pizza for Mason's birthday dinner but since it was cancelled we just came home and had pasta. I was having serious mama guilt for cancelling his party, but I couldn't cave and let him think I wasn't going to follow through and so I did. We didn't have his party and didn't let him open his presents.
We did take him to Toys R Us for his balloon, crown and to spend his $3 gift card from Geoffrey the Giraffe. He ended up picking out some soda pop candy and a Darth Vader dog tag necklace. We gave him a couple of quarters to ride the little ride at the front of the store too.
When we were leaving we both told him to hold onto his balloon but he was yanking it around and right after we told him not to do it, he did it again one last time and his balloon went sailing away up into the clouds. He cried and cried, but he was warned. I've decided this kid definitely has to learn the hard way

The other part of the drama was trying to find his birthday gifts. He asked for a Luke Skywalker costume and a blue lightsaber which should be super easy to find since every store is covered in Star Wars things right now. That is everything except a Luke Skywalker costume and a blue lightsaber. I literally spent most of one of my days off going from store to store from one end of Idaho Falls to the other looking for either of those things and I never could find them. I ended up ordering them online and they were due to be delivered on his birthday, cutting it close, but I figured I could wrap them while he was at school and he could open them at his party (that was not yet cancelled). 
I was so excited when they showed up a day early only to be disappointed when I opened the box and instead of a blue light saber found these:
 A box of 100 religious pencils!! The best part? (can you sense my sarcasm?) Amazon told me that I could keep them for my troubles, lucky me!! In the meantime his blue lightsaber was still 2 days away!
He asked for a Beymax cake which I was secretly excited about because it would be so easy to make until he told me he wanted the red beymax...

Mason was REALLY good the next couple of days so we celebrated his birthday, with just us, on the 10th before his cake went bad.
He was pretty excited about it and his candle that changed colors
6 years (and 2 days) old
Big brother reading him his card that made lightsaber sounds when you moved it around
It also lit up. I spent way too much on it, but he only turns 6 once
 
And the last of the birthday drama!
When I ordered his lightsaber the second time after we got pencils instead I made sure we got another blue one and when I opened the shipping box right there inside was a second box with a picture of a BLUE lightsaber printed on the back, but when I took it out and turned it over, it was RED!!! We debated about spray painting it blue, but decided against it because then the light wouldn't show through as well. In the end Mason was good with it so we just let it be.
This is how he wanted to pose for his pictures and he didn't want to smile because he said that on the picture Luke Skywalker didn't smile.

Mason LOVES these mints and was spoiled by friends and family with his own HUGE bags!

MASON'S BIRTHDAY INTERVIEW- Age 6

1- Who is your favorite person in the whole world?
 LUKE SKYWALKER 
What about a real person? 
MOM 
 2- What is your favorite color?
 GOLD
3-What is your favorite movie? 
MEATBALLS 2 (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs)
4- What is your favorite outfit? 
BEYMAX SHIRT
5-What sport do you like best?  
BASKETBALL
6- What song do you love?  
THE ONE GAVIN LIKES BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS
7- What is your favorite cereal? 
FROOT LOOPS
 Food? FROOT LOOPS
8- Who are your friends? 
MOM, CHASE, LUKE, GAVIN
9- What do you want to be when you grow up? 
 DARK VADER
10-What is your favorite book?
 DARK VADER
11- What are you really good at? 
DOING BACK FLIPS ON THE TRAMPOLINE
12- Where do you wish you could go on vacation?
 LEO'S PLACE
13- What is your best memory? 
 MY BIRTHDAY, ALL OF THEM
14- What would you buy if you had $1000? 
A STEPMOM  
Why? CUZ I LIKE STEPMOMS
15- What vegetable do you hate the most?  
ALL OF THEM
 Love the Most?  
NONE OF THEM
16- If you could have one wish, what would it be?  
FOR MY BIRTHDAY TO BE EVERYDAY
17- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?  
CHOCWUT (CHOCOLATE)
Candy? 
MINTS
18- Who is your biggest hero? 
BATMAN 
What about a real person hero? 
YOU! (MOM)
19- What do you like to do best with your friends? 
JUMP ON THE TRAMPOLINE
20- What do you hope you'll get to do before your next birthday? 
GET A LUKE SKYWALKER STARWARS COSTUME AND SWORD
21- What is your favorite toy? 
LUKE SKYWALKER LIGHT SABER
22-What is your favorite thing at school? 
RECESS
23- What is your favorite game?
 SKYLANDERS
24- What do you like to do in your free time? 
EAT FROOT LOOPS
25- What is your favorite holiday? 
CHRISTMAS
26- Where is your favorite place to go? 
LEO'S PLACE
27- What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
 FAT FRYDAY
28- What is your favorite thing to do outside? 
JUMP ON THE TRAMPOLINE
29- What is your favorite chore? 
NOTHING
 Least favorite? 
DUSTING
30- What is your favorite drink?
 LEMONADE
31- What is something sad that happened this year?
 CANCELLING MY BIRTHDAY
32- What is something happy that happened last year? 
GOING TO DISNEYLAND
      

 
STATS: 

Height: 3 ft 6 in 
Weight: 44 lbs
Teeth Lost: 0
Shoe Size:11-12
Pant Size: 5
Shirt Size: 5 or 6

No comments: