Saturday, August 9, 2014

Life of Fry

 Gavin disappeared one day right before church. We found him so engrossed in a book that he didn't even notice I was talking to him
 "Look mommy! My first mole!" - Mason 
(I won't tell him about all the others he has!)
 My two nieces Alex and Madi asked me to take them practice driving for drivers ed. I'm pretty glad it was just practice because they ran over an old lady in a walker crossing the street, knocked a little girl off her bike, drove through a lemonade stand and almost ran over Josh Hutcherson! Alex was almost completely devastated!
(no one was actually harmed in the practice driving that took place in an empty church parking lot)
 Chloe- the girl who will only wear dresses now
(and has lots of cute new summer shirts and shorts that she refuses to wear)
 So excited to be back in her own bed with her "friends" after 5 days of camping.
 My last softball game was on July 21st and the kids celebrated by running the bases one last time when it was over


 The kids (with my help) have been collecting cans all summer. I have been making them smash them by themselves to help teach them a little more work ethic. We finally took them to the recycling center (where the man informed us we didn't need to smash them and I told them I was making sure my kids were earning their money and they HAD to smash them, he looked at them and smiled). The kids loved watching them go up the conveyor and into the huge basket.
 Their hard earned money
 We heard about Stop Light Pizza in Ririe from a friend and decided to try it out. They have HUGE 32 inch pizza's that weigh up to 22 lbs!!
 The kids couldn't believe it when they brought it out. The look on their faces were priceless! The pizza was delicious and the drinks and chocolate chip cookies at the end were FREE!!
We took Keyara (neighbor girl and Chloe's "big sister" with us and we didn't even eat half of it!)



 Gavin has been wanting to go to the skate park for a long time and I finally got him there. He was the youngest one there and most of the boys/guys had skateboards and scooters. I was a little worried about Gavin getting in their way (since it was his first time) and also that they might not be so nice to some random kid on a bike, but I was pleasantly surprised. Gavin did get in their way a few times and slowed them down a time or two, but they were are so nice to him. 
When we first got there Gavin rode/crashed his bike into the big bowl before I could stop him. The other skaters helped him up and got his bike out for him. A second time when he wrecked they helped him up again and Gavin said, "they only cared about me and that I was OK"
So my preconceived notions about skaters was all wrong. I should know better by now not to pre-judge people.






Garrett and Gavin
Garrett lives in the cul-de-sac across the street and he and Gavin play all the time. Garrett showed up in his gorilla shirt so Gavin and I found Mason's matching shirt so Gavin could wear it and be twins.

No comments: