Wednesday, February 27, 2013

V-Day

It's no secret that I don't like Valentine's Day. In fact when I posted "Happy Valentine's Day" on Facebook people were confused. I was temporarily overcome with Valentine's fever after my kids got so excited over the pink heart pancakes and pink milk that I made for them for breakfast that morning.
I did cheat and pour the batter into a metal cookie cutter (which gets extremely hot by pancake #6!)
Has anyone else ever had to blow dry cotton tips?  ha ha
I needed two different colored ones for a game I had the kids play at Gavin's class party at school. It was a huge hit!
Gavin at his class Valentine's Day Party
The kids are split into two teams (hence the two colors of Q-tips) and then they put them in the end of a straw a "shoot" them like Cupid Shooting his arrow into a bowl.
This was the cupid I had on the bowl which started an entire "love" conversation with Gavin, after he was done laughing because Cupid is wearing a diaper. 
Gavin wouldn't believe me that Cupids shot people in the butts and made them fall in love. I even offered to show him where Cody got shot in the bum but Gavin wouldn't go for it.
Cody put this card/letter/etc. in the mail in Watford, ND on Feb. 10th and we didn't get it until Feb. 19th, the day before he got home. I kept teasing him that his "imaginary letter" to us didn't come again.
Gavin and I got the sweetest letters from Cody
All of us got one of these. They are all personalized with what the kids love and are into.
Gavin: Batman and Stump Smash (a skylander)
Mason: a motorcycle
Chloe: a binky and a baby bottle
 I on the other hand got a picture of a minivan, but the heart and the X's and O's made up for it.

No comments: