Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bittersweet

That's how I'm feeling right now, but let me explain why. Cody got a new job, one that replaces both of our yearly wages and then some, SWEET!!! 
This means:
-I got to quit my job at EIRMC 
-I'm a full-time mommy to my 3 babies!
(except for the two days a month I do surgery with Dr. Quinton)
-No more working nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
-I actually have time to catch up on things at home I have fallen way behind on
(I know I have 3 kids and it will still never happen, but a girl can dream right?)


BUT, he will be out of town for two weeks at a time which leaves me a temporary widow, BITTER!!
It will still be WONDERFUL to have his undivided attention when he is home for a week straight, but when he's gone, it's going to be hard, it is hard. 

There is so much he did everyday and all the time that I didn't even think about. For example:

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS:  I have never in my life hung Christmas lights up outside, until now. Gavin wanted to put some up and I thought "I can do this, it's not a big deal" and in a way it wasn't (once I got them untangled!!). I hung them up and couldn't get them to look how I wanted them too, but whatever they were up AND ON! That night I went outside to look at them in the dark and they were NOT WORKING!!  I checked the outlets, made sure none on the bulbs were broke and screwed in, etc. It was dark and freezing so I gave up for the night and went in the house. The next day I went out and messed with them again and still nothing. Luckily I was on the phone with my mom and she told me to check the fuses.....Christmas lights have fuses?? Sure enough I checked and there was a blown fuse, so I changed it and VIOLA, we have lights!! Thank you mom!

TAKING THE GARBAGE OUT: I don't know why I can't remember to do this because when Cody was home I was the one reminding him to take them out, but now that I'm the one in charge of taking the cans to the side of the street I forget!

WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID: I have done this before, but not since I got married almost 10 years ago. I ran out the other day and had to go buy some AND put it in by myself, so weird!

And then there's this:




Both of my parents gave me the hardest time when they saw this taped to my cupboard, but I don't want to forget and starve our dog. Once again Cody always did this every night, so I wasn't use to doing it. This sign is just a friendly hot pink reminder to feed and water  our canine friend.

MY HUSBAND: I miss him being here. I talk to him on the phone multiple times a day, but it's not the same. I miss his stupid jokes,  his corny made up songs that he would just randomly start singing, and his cooking!! I still cook, but when you are cooking for kids who would be happy with Mac and Cheese it's hard to want to make a nice dinner that me as an adult would enjoy. I also miss his help with the kids, it's a lot of work getting 3 kids bathed, in their PJ's and their teeth brushed and then staying awake long enough to brush my own teeth!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS WEEK OFF TO GET HERE!!


No comments: