Monday, July 18, 2011

4th of July


I LOVE the 4th of July! It almost ties with Christmas in being the best holiday ever and who can blame me? The 4th has good food, good times, good music, watermelon and of course FIREWORKS! Here's a very long run down of our day:
 We started the day by watching the Idaho Falls Parade and the weather was perfect! It was still warm, but overcast so the sun wasn't beating down on us. This is our group, pretty big huh!
 Gavin and I made his shirt the night before. It's his hand print, but it makes a flag flying on a flag pole. He thought I was CRAZY when I started painting his hand and even more crazy when I told him to put his hand on his nice white shirt, but he was way excited when he realized what we had made.
 Gotta love the bag pipes and men in skirts!
(Seriously I do honestly love bagpipes, I think just because they are such a novelty)
 It was nice to actually see some "old school/hand made" floats
 I think next year I'm going to shave our dog and paint him!
 Who doesn't love a clown!
 I know what's the big deal right? It's just a couple of guys with a wheel barrow, WRONG! I actually look forward to these guys every year. They are from Picture Perfect Landscaping and there is a big group of them that actually choreographed a dance that they do with their shovels, rakes, etc. and it's HILARIOUS!! I did get a short video of them, but Gavin decided he was thirsty and some idiot people selling water stopped right in front of me so I couldn't see much. Maybe next year.
 This was Gavin's favorite this year. A train AND and airplane! He loved the flyby's that came at the end of the parade too.

Next we headed to Menan to meet up with my family
 Annual trip to the fish pond
 and of course the jump house
 I love the old time feel of the Menan celebration!
 Cooling of in the shade with mommy's shades
 FREE chocolate milk from the parade
 Watching the parade
 Clown and her pony
 Gavin was in the back seat by himself on the way to my sister's. He managed to find his rockets in the bags without us even noticing. Good thing there weren't matches in the back seat too!
 Playing with sparklers
Gavin, Madisen and Chet


Fire of July from Teri Fry on Vimeo.


 My heroic brother in law sacrificed his shoes and pants to put out the fire. We have been teasing my sister that while he was stomping out a fire with his own body, she was only concerned about his shoes!!
 We decided to move to the front yard to avoid the field catching on fire again
 My very pregnant with twins sister in law Erin!
Gavin LOVED the fireworks (even though some of them were very loud). His favorite were the Flying Pigs. We will definitely have to get more of them next year

1 comment:

Hayden Funny Farm said...

Nice post! But you better not let Debbie see the Erin is out of her house!!!