Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spud Day

 Every year there is a Spud Day in Shelley. Every year Cody wants to go and every year we forget or have something else we need or want to do, but this year we actually made it and I was VERY surprised. I had NO IDEA what a big deal it was. I knew that if you stood in a REALLY long line then you could get a free baked potato and I pictured the entire park filled with picnic tables and people eating potatoes, but I was WRONG! There was a pretty impressive parade, inflatable toys, craft booths, tons of food booths, face painting, paint balling, etc. The entire bark was filled with fun stuff to do. They were even making a ENORMOUS batch of mashed potatoes in a cement mixer, that's right, a cement mixer. That's how many they were making. We didn't stay to see what they were going to do with them, but apparently they dump them in a big hole in the ground and then have a tug-a-war to see who ends up in the potatoes. I'll check it out next year and let you know cuz I'm pretty sure we are going to make it next year now that I know it's not a bunch of baked potatoes and picnic tables. ; )
 Drake, Gavin and Luke
 Best Buds: Luke and Gavin
Luke and Gavin

1 comment:

oldangelgirl said...

Seriously one of the best things on the planet! Did you see Sarah, Matt, and Mom on the cellar ball float? And as well as the tug of war, I believe they have mashed-potato wrestling! Quite an event. Let me tell ya. I'm glad you made it!

You should have asked me and I would have told you how fun it is. I've been going since high school. Mostly because I had to be in the marching band, but it's been voluntary since then.