Friday, September 18, 2009

My Lucky Little Boy!


There are definitely perks with having your grandma work around airplanes! Grandma arranged for one of the pilots, Bruce Spaulding, to take Gavin for an airplane ride because he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES airplanes!
Gavin before the ride. We went in a Cessna 182. It's a 4-seater so we made a quick trip to Rexburg to steal daddy from his job site so that he could be with his little man for his first airplane ride. It was Bruce, Cody, Gavin & I in the plane.
Gavin all buckled in and ready to go on the "Airplane ride"
Grandma and Grandpa's House!
If you look really close there is a white speck on the right side of the sidewalk, that's Grandma watching and waving. "Hi Pompa airplane"
I sometimes get sick of people saying how beautiful Idaho is because sometimes it just seems like a big ugly dessert. I think it's because I'm too close to really see it, but after this ride I agree that Idaho really is beautiful! This is the river west of the Lorenzo bridge.
My Lucky Little Man and his mommy. It really took some coaxing to get him to take his eyes off the window and look at the camera
Daddy!
(I don't know why this turned out so dark)
Somewhere between Rigby and Ririe
Heise Hot Spings and the Snake River
The road leading to Kelly Canyon Ski Resort
Farmer in a Field
Ririe Dam and Resivoir
Farmland west of the resivoir
The booming metropolis of Ririe, Idaho

Gavin and his new best friend and personal pilot, Bruce Spaulding

Thank you Bruce he had the time of his life!!
And thank you mom for making it all possible, we love you!

P.S. That night Gavin was talking in his sleep and he kept saying "Airplane ride...airplane ride!"

2 comments:

Cami said...

Wow! That is so amazing! What a great experience!

oldangelgirl said...

Wow!! That's so cool! The pictures were lovely. I'm lucky that I live on a hill and can see every single day how beautiful Idaho really is. You should check out the Idaho pictures on my Facebook. They're all taken from my front yard.