Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Fry's go to Disneyland-Day 1

I was up at 5:16 am and could not go back to sleep, I was too excited!! We got up and ready just like we do every other school day so the kids still didn't suspect anything. Finally, I went out and hid in the van to record their reactions. They got in the van and at first they didn't know what to think until I told them and even then it took a minute to soak it and IT.WAS.AWESOME!!! Gavin was so excited/happy/overwhelmed that he started crying and just hugged me.
The kiddos in their Mouse Ears!!
(seconds later I dropped my camera on the driveway breaking it completely!)
The kids with their envelopes from Grandma

We were happily on the road by 8am. We made a quick stop at Fred Meyer on the way out of town to replace my camera because there was no way I was going to Disneyland without one! We were almost to Devil's Creek Reservoir (2 hours into the trip) when I realized I didn't have my laptop, which was in the orange backpack. You know the one we put EVERYTHING important in. It was bright orange and right by the door so we wouldn't forget it. It had my laptop, our Disneyland, Seaworld, San Diego Zoo passes, our cash, hotel itinerary, everything we could not do without. So we did the only thing we could and turned around. It was a very quiet and long ride back home.
The back windshield of our van said "Disneyland or Bust". When we pulled back in the driveway our neighbor Jason came over and said, "Well this looks like bust!"  No kidding! 

So 3 1/2 hours later, $150 later (my camera), and 250 miles later we finally left our driveway for the second time only to get stuck at a railroad crossing. Ugh!! At least we got the bad luck out of the way right off the bat right?
A little passenger seat entertainment. Also don't let this picture fool you. Cody drove to Utah and I drove the rest of the 1000+ miles.
We took the kids to In-and-Out for their first time and they also say palm trees for the first time today.
Just looking at this makes me want to go back, yum!!
 Mason didn't waste any time diving right in
 Chloe decided to color her hands and lips instead of her coloring book. The markers went in the garbage and she was limited to crayons. 
Cody did find me a couple of pretty sweet bottle caps in Beaver, UT. An A&W one and a Brownie rootbeer one.
 
I ordered the kids blue raspberry slushies, huge mistake!! The kids looked like smurfs by the time we were done.
We stopped in St. George to have dinner with our niece Savannah and her husband. We went to the Honolulu Grill. 

 We made it to the hotel and got the kids in bed a little before 10 and even though I gave the kids huge sticky suckers, markers, and blue slushies they still survived contrary to Cody's beliefs!! LOL! We were going to go Cosmic bowling with my brother-in-law Chet, who was also staying at the Virgin River Motel on a golfing trip, but the kids were just too tired.
They were out almost as soon as their heads hit their pillows. Chloe's favorite saying of the day was "Where are we?" instead of "Are we there yet?" She got pretty sick of us telling her we were still in UT and was so excited when we finally told her Arizona, and then Nevada!
Cody found them this way

February 20, 2015

No comments: