Friday, February 12, 2010

Our "Mini Vacation"

I had to go to Salt Lake City (Draper to be exact) to take my nursing boards (aka NCLEX exam).

My plan: Work all day Tuesday, go to mutual that night and wake up in the morning and drive to Draper, take my test (that I scheduled at 2pm for that purpose) and then come home and work the next day.

My plan altered by my dear sweet husband: Work half a day on Tuesday, drive to Utah, go out to dinner, get a hotel, go swimming, go to bed, eat breakfast, go shopping, eat lunch at In & Out (great burgers, but not good for the nervous stomach) and then drop me off to take my test, go out to dinner and drive home. (Oh, did I mention it was all last minute? As if I wasn't stressed enough! Love you honey)

My plan was a lot simpler and cheaper, but he decided to make it a mini vacation and I was happy he decided to come with me. It was nice to get away even if it was over night and it helped to take my mind off of my test.


The flowers I had waiting for me from my two favorite boys when I was done with my test!

2 comments:

Cami said...

You have a good husband-nice to take a mini vacation! I am jealous-I still haven't been to the In-n-out in Draper! Attempted twice but couldn't wait in line that long!

Jessie said...

You're a lucky girl with a sweet and thoughtful husband. Way to keep the love alive!