Friday, October 9, 2009

Update on my Favorite Little Guy (and a carrot)

Here's a glimpse of my house for the past two weeks:
When I was picking my carrots I found some "Romeo & Juliet" carrots. I didn't have the heart to pull them apart and cut them up so I put them back out in the garden so they could stay together. Corny and retarded I know since carrots don't have feelings or brains, but it's what I did.

Gavin still loves to wear my shoes even though they are not as fun, and high, AND "girly" as Aunt Karen's shoes.
He still sleeps with his butt in the air on occassion
We picked our pumpkins and were pretty excited about how well they grew even though our garden was pretty neglected by us this summer. I can't wait to carve them with Gavin.
Gavin discovered that he can knock the apples off the tree himself and doesn't need our help picking them anymore.
He has also become very interested in the mechanics of his ottoman
He hides things in his eggs and then brings them to me so I can be "surprized" when I open them up
We took him swimming at the Aquatic Center and he loved it of course. He fell asleep almost before we were out of the parking lot. He insisted on bringing a paper towel from the bathroom with him and that's what is on his lap.
All wrapped up and waiting to get dressed after a fun time swimming
When he says "Go swimming" in Gavinese it almost sounds like he is saying "Go Women" so we were getting some giggles from other people when we were in the pool because he kept saying "Go Women!"
Madisen is exactly a week old in this picture and Gavin still won't hold her, but Karen and I wanted a picture of the two of them together so I held her in front of Gavin and Karen snapped a quick one!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Haha! Your post is hilarious! That carrot story made me laugh and Gavin is so darn cute!! I love his "Go women" Its so cute when they can't quite say things right. When Zackery was little and people asked him his name it sounded like "yucky". They'd give me this astonished look and I'd just laugh.